keskiviikko 22. heinäkuuta 2020

Money talks

Money can't buy happiness? But can it make life a tiny bit easier? There is no happiness shop. You cannot find some mysterious shop and throw in a briefcase full of cash just stating "Bring me happiness". Well, probably you can, but no one can just magically make it happen. First one should define happiness.


If you are a billionaire you can just like that buy a ferrari, or two, or even three. You could buy an army of servants, own an island. Would it mean you are happy? Nope. Of course it would be cool and fun, but it is no highway to happiness.

Money just makes the world go round and money makes more money (another story via this link). People go to work, they need to earn their salary. Some say they would work even though they had all the money in the world, I wouldn't. I could do voluntary work, just enough that I have something worthwhile to do. Still I would spend the most of my time with the people I love, doing things I and others like.

But unfortunately I do not have the same problem like Pablo Escobar. Hell, I would like to insulate my house with money - probably a bad idea and a bad insulation solution. But I am not an evil man and I would not like to live in constant fear for my own or my family's life. The fear would also be a constraint, I could not be able to do what I like.

I haven't (yet) had the chance to become a billionaire or even a millionaire. I am still running around my 9 to 5 job to get a salary. Everything and everybody has a price, I mean everything. But in the end it counts how you use your money (or even more importantly your time), what matters to you, what makes you happy.

My job is fun and I do like real estate, so I think I am having fun while making money. My happiness is my friends and family around me. Life and lives matter, not money.

Vuokranantaja has left the building...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti